What is the best treatment for combination skin that is oily and sensitive? (photos)Acne & Scars
I'm a 29-year-old female. I have a few problems with my skin,1) large pores 2) spots (seems like it's milia) 3) oily 4) slightly sensitive. I have tried various kind of cleanser, moisturizer, toner, but to no avail. I went for facials a few times but I don't see any difference, hence I stopped, also because I don't like the hard selling method. Would like to get treatment recommendations, as I don't like my 'rough complexion' and it affects my confidence :) Thank you!
Thank you for your question. For oily skin and milia, you can consider
- Topical retinoids (Differin/ Retin A 0.025%)
- Chemical peel (AHA/ BHA)
- Carbon laser
As for your pores, I would recommend
- Fractional ablative laser resurfacing
- Microneedling fractional radiofrequency.
Speak to a doctor to find out more. Hope this helps!
Dr Jiwei Wu
I agreed with what Dr Wu has mentioned earlier. If cleanser, toner and topical creams failed to improve your condition, you probably need heat based machine to reduce the active oil glands on top of good skincare and oil control creams.
In my practice, my patients preferred below 2 treatments for oily skin.
1) Carbon laser peel - Zero down time. Suitable for mild to moderate oily skin. 1 to 2 monthly maintenance treatment is needed. The result is decent if the correct setting is used.
2) Erbium glass laser - Mild redness for 1~2 days and slight discomfort during treatment. Suitable for moderate to severe oily skin. This treatment also help with mild acne scars, large pores, fine wrinkles, tightening and resurfacing.
However, those patients who did combination treatment of lasers with skinboosters + Rejuran have the best clinical result.
Hope this helps!
Dr Lim Ming Yee