What is the best treatment for combination skin that is oily and sensitive? (photos)Acne & Scars
Thank you for your question. For oily skin and milia, you can consider
- Topical retinoids (Differin/ Retin A 0.025%)
- Chemical peel (AHA/ BHA)
- Carbon laser
As for your pores, I would recommend
- Fractional ablative laser resurfacing
- Microneedling fractional radiofrequency.
Speak to a doctor to find out more. Hope this helps!
Dr Jiwei Wu
I agreed with what Dr Wu has mentioned earlier. If cleanser, toner and topical creams failed to improve your condition, you probably need heat based machine to reduce the active oil glands on top of good skincare and oil control creams.
In my practice, my patients preferred below 2 treatments for oily skin.
1) Carbon laser peel - Zero down time. Suitable for mild to moderate oily skin. 1 to 2 monthly maintenance treatment is needed. The result is decent if the correct setting is used.
2) Erbium glass laser - Mild redness for 1~2 days and slight discomfort during treatment. Suitable for moderate to severe oily skin. This treatment also help with mild acne scars, large pores, fine wrinkles, tightening and resurfacing.
However, those patients who did combination treatment of lasers with skinboosters + Rejuran have the best clinical result.
Hope this helps!
Dr Lim Ming Yee
The Ultimate Guide to Fractional Lasers by an Aesthetic Doctor in Singapore (2020)
Having smooth skin that is free of acne scars and wrinkles is the dream of many. There is little we will not do to achieve skin that becomes the envy...READ MORE
Scars, Pores, And Milia: A Singaporean Doctor Answers Readers’ Skin Questions
The skin is often seen as an indication of health when it comes to appearance and complexion. As it is our largest organ, problems with skin can be...READ MORE