Admin DXD from Singapore asked a question

What is the best treatment for forehead wrinkles in Singapore? How effective is Botox, and how long does it last for?

Dr Kevin Chua
Aesthetic Medicine

I’m only 31, but have noticed some faint lines on my forehead. I’ve read that botox can prevent wrinkles from getting worse. im afraid that if I start with botox, I have to keep going for it regularly. is this the case? and is there any other way I can prevent the wrinkles from worsening?

thanks

Hi Eli,

What you have read is absolutely correct.  In this aspect (wrinkles), Botox actually acts as a preventative medicine to prevent wrinkles from getting deeper and more numerous by relaxing the targeted muscle.

It is a quick and safe procedure when done by medical professionals and do not have any long term side effects to date.

I myself have had Botox for my facial wrinkles numerous times without complications.

The effects of Botox unfortunately only lasts between 3 – 6 months and as such subsequent touch ups will be warranted.

In terms of wrinkle prevention or rather anti-ageing (up keep of skin health), sun protection and a healthy lifestyle (eg. no smoking) will also be of benefit.

Hope that helps!

All the best.

0 654 views 0 Doctors agree Thu Jan 25 2018 07:29:51 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Hi Eli,

Great question!

Regular botox treatment can indeed help to prevent wrinkles from worsening. In general, each Botox treatment can last for 4 to 6 months. You can stop treatment anytime but the wrinkle preventive effect of the botox will gradually be lost. It is also not true that the wrinkles will be worse than before when the effects of botox wears off .

Other ways to prevent premature wrinkles is to minimize sun exposure to prevent photo-aging. The regular use of sunscreens is recommended. Smoking can also aggravate wrinkling so don’t light up!

0 654 views 0 Doctors agree Thu Jan 25 2018 07:30:50 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Hi!

I love botox. Having had botox injected on my own face for over 10 years, it is my go to procedure for so many signs of aging.

Tired looking eyes with wrinkles and forehead lines are the usual reasons why patients come to us for botox. Correct placement of the toxin will give the patient higher and nicely positioned eyebrows, less tiredness and lines; and a smoother youthful facial silhouette.

It is a procedure that when done well, everybody will notice but nobody will know.

To me, it sure beats a $500 anti-wrinkle cream that can also only lasts 4-6 months.

By the way, do you know botox has been used to successfully treat migraines and for childrens with cerebral palsy? Botox has been used for over 20 years on millions of patients. There is no safer product to try for beautifying of one’s face.

0 654 views 0 Doctors agree Thu Jan 25 2018 07:31:32 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Hi Eli,

Yes, the forehead lines will only get worse over time and it is important to use Botox to weaken those muscles to prevent the lines from becoming permanent ones.

Once you start Botox, you just need to go for it every 4-6 months.

Alternatively, you can leave it alone and your wrinkles WILL become permanently etched – it’s just a matter of time before it happens.

Whether to go for botox treatments depend on how aggressive are you towards reducing wrinkles of expression on your face.

0 654 views 0 Doctors agree Thu Jan 25 2018 07:33:33 GMT+0000 (UTC)

Dear Eli,

Thank you for your question.

This is a common concern of many.

First question is to confirm that your lines appear on raising your eyebrows and not at rest.

Botox works well for dynamic lines, and effects last for 3 months and will not worsen your forehead lines after it wears out. It is safe with no permanent side effects and has been used in medicine for headaches and teeth grinding.

It is a good treatment to prevent wrinkles from worsening and is one of the most common cosmetic procedures performed worldwide. 

Hope this helps.

0 654 views 0 Doctors agree Thu Jan 25 2018 07:34:00 GMT+0000 (UTC)
Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Aesthetic Medicine or ask your own question now FOR FREE.