What kind of doctor should I visit in Singapore for my back pain?

Back pain may be from muscle strains to slipped discs or arise from certain joints or nerves.

The pain generator in back pain may sometimes be difficult to identify. Usually your doctor will order an MRI of the corresponding area to ensure insidious or life threatening causes are ruled out.

Generally, the first stop would be your friendly orthopedic spine surgeon. Once they have ensured that operable causes are ruled out, they may enlist a physiotherapist to help you gain awareness in the painful area.

In event of debilitating but non operable pain cases, a pain physician may be helpful in pain intervention.