What should I do next for a blister on my toddler’s leg? (photo)

There are a few causes of blisters on the limbs. These include:

1. Skin infection for example bullous impetigo, 

2. Bullous insect bite reactions

3. Skin trauma eg Burns. 

I would advice you to see your doctor or dermatologist. Your doctor will need to go through the history and examination to determine the corrrect diagnosis and prescibe the appropriate treatment.

Dr Stephanie Ho
4.7

"Skin specialist with over 20 years of experience"

Thank you for your photo and question. I agree with Dr Colin Theng that you should bring your child to a doctor or dermatologist to determine the cause of the blister and treat it appropriately.

The most common cause of such blisters seen in young children would be an insect bite reaction, although other causes such as infection, allergies or burns can certainly result in a similar appearance.

The treatment would usually consist of letting the fluid out of the blister and treating with an appropriate cream. Symptomatic treatment such as anti-itch syrup can also be helpful in preventing her from scratching the area. 

Hope she gets better soon!

Warmest regards

Dr Stephanie Ho, Dermatologist