When should I be worried about a torn ligament in my shoulder after an accident?

Thank you for your question. There can be many causes for shoulder pain following trauma including an injury to the rotator cuff, a frozen shoulder, AC joint disruption and more. 

From your symptoms alone, the active movements might suggest an injury to the former (rotator cuff).  Significant symptoms are limitation in movement, night pain and impact on your function.

In the first instance, I would suggest seeing an MSK/Sports Physician who is able to provide a clinical assessment and ultrasound examination. 

They can decide if a conservative or surgical approach is required and arrange further investigations or treatments as needed.  Often, things can heal with simple interventions.

I hope this helps.

BW