Need COVID-19 guidance? Check out our latest resources

Where can I get Hepatitis B vaccine in Singapore and how much do they cost?

• Answered1 time
  • Viewed545 times

"Family Physician with special interest in Mental Health"

Most GP clinics and polyclinics will carry the hepatitis B vaccine.

Grberally it costs 45 before GST.

Also you can use your medisave to take this vaccination, so it is really
affordable one.

Not the answer you're looking for? Just ask your own question now FOR FREE.

Complete Guide To STD Tests In Singapore (2020)

You've finally decided to settle down, but want to be sure that you are free of sexually transmitted infections. What should you do, and where do you turn to?

STD screening is important, as it prevents the spread of disease to others. Many STDs are treatable.

The Essential Guide To Health Screening In Singapore (2020)

Which health screening tests do you really need? It's a common scenario in Singapore -- your parent or relative receives a letter offering free "basic" health screening services, usually in the form of a tie-up with the company where he or she is working.

So when my dad asked me last night:

What are the essential tests I should go for?

I had a glance through what was on offer: five pages worth of optional add-ons to the free basic screen, ranging from cancer marker tests, to mind-boggling X-Rays and ultrasound scans. This post explains exactly what tests you need, and which you do not.

You Can Prevent STIs And HIV; This Singaporean Doctor Explains How

Sexually transmitted diseases can be hard to talk about. In many ways, there's still a certain sense of taboo whenever the topic comes around. This is especially true in Asian countries like Singapore.

Such a lack of familiarity can become an issue. Many individuals aren’t well-informed about the various types of STIs that can be contracted, as well as the types of treatment and preventive measures available. 

A number of DoctorxDentist readers have posted questions pertaining to sexually-transmitted illnesses. Dermatologist Dr Tan Wei Sheng shared his professional opinions. 

Common Vaccines You Should Take Before Your Vacation!

Imagine the sparkling Carribean sea. The fine Phuket beach sand that gently exfoliates your skin. Or how about the exotic jungles of Borneo? Don’t these sound like perfect getaways from the city?

However, if you are unlucky, your well-deserved vacation can end up becoming a dreadful staycation marked by high fever and joint/muscle aches.

When you travel, you just don't know what kind of diseases can attack you from out of the blue. So play it safe and read on to find out about essential travel vaccines that can protect you so you can enjoy your holiday.

What Your Dentist Wants You To Know About COVID-19

"Dentist with an interest in comprehensive dentistry."

Amidst the uncertainty and worry about the international outbreak of COVID-19, here are some frequently asked questions about dental treatment during this period: