Which doctors would you recommend for a facelift in Singapore?

Aesthetic Medicine Plastic Surgery

Dear Sir,

I found the article in google by chance. I was so impressed and subscribed to yr blog.

I am 54 yrs old and would like to have a facelift.  Can you kindly recommend me a good reliable doctor for my facelift please?. Im an executive assistant, not looking for the cheapest  but also not for the unreasonable exorbitant  charge. Im willing to pay a good reasonable price for a good quality work.

I will be very thankful for your kind advice. Thank you

Thank you for your question. As we get older, there are a few changes that occur:

• we lose fat on our face
  • bone resorption provides us with less structural support
  • collagen and elastin fibres start to break down in our skin
  • retaining ligaments of the face which provides support to the soft tissue also start to weaken.

All this contributes to loss of volume, downward shifting of the fat pads, and sagging that can appear as hollowness under the eyes, droopy corners of the mouth, deep nasolabial folds and jowling.

Correction of these changes can be divided into invasive, minimally invasive and non invasive methods.

Invasive methods, or surgical face lifting involve surgery and is usually performed by a qualified plastic surgeon. This may entail general anaesthesia, and the procedure is usually done in an operating theatre. There will be surgical incisions with a risk of infections etc, but these usually offer the most dramatic improvement. You should be able to find information about plastic surgeons offering this procedure online.

Minimally invasive methods include the use of dissolvable sutures or “threads” inserted through the skin into the deeper layers of the face to provide support and lifting effect.

Noninvasive methods commonly involve the use of machines with ultrasound, radiofrequency or magnetic pulse technology to stimulate collagen synthesis and remodelling. Commonly quoted nonsurgical facelift machines include Thermage, Ulthera, Sygmalift and Diamond Polar. These may be offered by Aesthetic GPs, Dermatologist and plastic surgeons. While some of these are painless, others can cause some discomfort and pain. However, being non-invasive, there is minimal downtime and you should be able to resume your normal activities.

I would advise that you consult a doctor who would be able to assess your sagging condition and advise on the best modality of treatment based on your individual condition and expectations!

Hi Ana Sg,

There are 2 kinds of facelifts – surgical and non-surgical.

If your skin sagging condition is not too bad, just non-surgical methods like Ultherapy and Threadlift would be enough to give a noticeable improvement and lifting effect. Con is that this treatments have to be repeated every 1-2 years.

However, if you have severe facial aging and sagging, then you may want to google a few aesthetic Plastic Surgeons and then go for a consultation to see whom your most comfortable with to perform the surgical procedure.

Thank you for your question.

Since you mentioned facelift, are you looking at a surgical or non surgical option?

The indication depends on your degree of sagginess. Mild to modest degrees can respond to non surgical options which give results lasting 12 to 18 months. Severe sagginess will only benefit from surgical options.

Non surgical options include the following:

1. Energy based devices like HIFU, Exilis, Thermage

2. Liquid facelift with botulinum toxin and fillers

3. Threadlifts

The benefit is minimal downtime, but the drawback is the longevity when compared to surgical facelift. I hope this has been helpful.

Not the answer you're looking for? Browse other answers tagged Aesthetic Medicine Plastic Surgery or ask your own question now FOR FREE.