Who would be a good candidate for skinboosters on the lips?

Hi there, 

I would recommend skinboosters for the lips with the product Volite (from the Juvederm range from Allergan) for patients with dry, dehydrated, flaking/cracking lips either naturally or acquired e.g. from working in long hours of dry air/cold environment, but yet do not want to alter their natural lip shape. 

Volite is a hyaluronic acid skinbooster that lasts up to 9 months with a single course of treatment. Hyaluronic acid is a water-binding molecule found naturally in our skin. Injecting a hyaluronic acid skinbooster thus helps increase our water-binding capability of our skin, including the skin on our lips, resulting in more hydrated, healthy and glossy-looking lips! 

For patients who want more hydrated lips but are also looking to lip augmentation, I would recommend lip fillers instead. Hope this helps!

Dr. Joanna Chan