Can I get veneers if my teeth are not straight?

I was recommended veneers for my teeth. However, they are not entirely straight. What considerations must I be aware of if I’m thinking to skip Invisalign/braces treatment and just go for veneers?

Yes, you can get veneers if your teeth are not straight. However, it depends on the severity of your misaligment. 

If your misalignment is mild and the veneers will be resting mainly on the first layer of your teeth (the enamel) then they will be strong with sufficient strength to withstand the stress of chewing function.

Beyond a certain level of misalignment, it would be prudent to actually align the teeth first then place veneers on them later. It may be costly now but certainly less than the biological cost you will be paying should you decide to trim a lot of the teeth structure away for veneers.

If they are minor misalignment, then using the veneers to align first would be a great option.

Please speak to your dentist to discuss the risk percentage of your case. I am sure they will be glad to show you pictures of your teeth, and share with you their thoughts. You should also ask them for previous cases that they have done to see some of the results that they have achieved for their patients.

497 views 30 Jul 2018
Not the question you're looking for? Browse other questions tagged Cosmetic Dentistry or ask your own question now FOR FREE.